- forming adjectives relating to, connected with: urinary
- forming nouns
- a person or thing connected with: dictionary
- a place for: granary
Origin of -aryL -arisforming adjectives like, of the same kind
Origin of -aryClassical Latin -arius, -aria, -arium
- Of or relating to: bacillary.
- One that relates to or is connected with: boundary.
Origin of -aryMiddle English -arie from Old French from Latin -ārius adj. and n. suff
- of or pertaining to; adjective suffix appended to various words, often nouns, to make an adjective form. Often added to words of Latin origin, but used with other words also.
- order, ordinary
- (mathematics) having the specified arity.
From Latin adjective suffixes -aris and -arius