of Arius or Arianism
Origin of ArianClassical Latin Arianus from Arius
a believer in Arianism
var. of Aries (sense )
- (one) characterized by or having: octogenarian, centenarian
- (one) believing in: Unitarian
- (one) advocating: disciplinarian
- (one) associated with: antiquarian, agrarian
Origin of -arianClassical Latin -arius, -ary + -anus, -an
- Of or relating to Arianism: the Arian heresy.
- Of or relating to Arius.
A believer in Arianism.
One who is born under the sign of Aries.
Believer in; advocate of: utilitarian.
Origin of -arianLatin -ārius -ary -an 1
From Late Latin Arianus.
- A person whose star sign is Aries
- Alternative form of Aryan.
AdjectiveSee also: aerian
- Alternative spelling of aerian.