(comparative more antiquely, superlative most antiquely)
- In an antique manner.
antique + -ly
Variant of antique
- of ancient times; ancient; old
- out-of-date; old-fashioned
- in the style of classical antiquity
- of, or in the style of, a former period
- dealing in antiques
Origin of antiqueFrench ; from Classical Latin antiquus, ancient, old ; from ante, before
- anything from ancient times; relic
- the ancient style, esp. of Greek or Roman sculpture, architecture, etc.
- a piece of furniture, silverware, etc. made in a former period, generally more than 100 years ago
to look for or shop for antique furniture, articles, etc.