anatomical[an′ə täm′i kəl]
- The definition of anatomical is something that relates to living things and how they are structured.
The study of the bones in a human is an example of anatomical study.
- of or connected with anatomy
Origin of anatomical; from Classical Greek anatomikos, skilled in anatomy (see anatomy) + -ical
- Concerned with anatomy.
- Concerned with dissection.
- Related to the structure of an organism.
- Of or relating to anatomy or dissection; as, the anatomic art; anatomical observations.
Latin anatomicus, Greek ἀνατομικός: compare with French anatomique. See anatomy.