- The definition of alphanumeric is something that contains letters and numbers.
- A password that requires both letters and numbers is an example of an alphanumeric password.
- A computer keyboard is an example of an alphanumeric keyboard.
Origin: alpha(bet) plush numeric(al)
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Consisting of both letters and numbers.
- Consisting of or using letters, numbers, punctuation marks, and mathematical and other conventional symbols: an alphanumeric code.
Origin: alpha(betic) + numeric(al).
- alˌpha·nu·merˈi·cal adjective
- alˌpha·nu·merˈi·cal·ly adverb
alphanumeric - Computer Definition
The use of alphabetic letters mixed with numbers and special characters as in name, address, city and state. The text you're reading is alphanumeric. See alphanumerish.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.