- The definition of alphanumeric is something that contains letters and numbers.
- A password that requires both letters and numbers is an example of an alphanumeric password.
- A computer keyboard is an example of an alphanumeric keyboard.
alphanumeric definition by Webster's New World
Origin: alpha(bet) plush numeric(al)
alphanumeric definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Consisting of both letters and numbers.
- Consisting of or using letters, numbers, punctuation marks, and mathematical and other conventional symbols: an alphanumeric code.
Origin: alpha(betic) + numeric(al).
- alˌpha·nu·merˈi·cal adjective
- alˌpha·nu·merˈi·cal·ly adverb
alphanumeric - Computer Definition
The use of alphabetic letters mixed with numbers and special characters as in name, address, city and state. The text you're reading is alphanumeric. See alphanumerish.