- a person born or living in Albania
- the language spoken in Albania, constituting a branch of the Indo-European family of languages
- a. A native or inhabitant of Albania.b. A person of Albanian ancestry.
- The Indo-European language of the Albanians, forming an independent branch of the Indo-European language family and having two major dialects, Gheg and Tosk.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Albania, the Albanian people or the Albanian language.
From Middle French Albanien, from Old French albaneis, from Albanie (“Albania”), from Medieval Latin Albania, from Vulgar Latin *albanus (“Albanian”), from Ancient Greek Ἀλβανοί (Albanoí, “a southern Illyrian tribe”) (compare Old Albanian arbër, arbën 'Albanian')
- Of, from, or pertaining to Caucasian Albania, to its people or language.
- An inhabitant of Caucasian Albania. Udi people are descended from them.
- The extinct Northeast Caucasian language once spoken by these people. Udi language is descended from it.
From (Caucasian) Albania + -ian
(comparative more Albanian, superlative most Albanian)
- (central New York) of or from the city of Albany, New York State
- (central New York) Someone from the city of Albany, New York State.
Albany + -ian