- ancient region in N Babylonia (fl. c. 2300-2100 )
- its chief city, for a time the capital of Babylonia
- An ancient region of Mesopotamia occupying the northern part of Babylonia. It reached the height of its power in the third millennium BC.
- also A·ga·de An ancient city of Mesopotamia and capital of the Akkadian empire.
- One of the ancient kingdoms of Mesopotamia (northern Babylonia).
- Also called Agade. A city in and the capital of this kingdom, one of the three cities of Nimrod's kingdom. Genesis 10:10.