A man wearing an Air Force uniform.
air force definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the aviation branch of the armed forces of a country
- an organizational unit of an aviation force
- in the U.S. Air Force, a unit lower than an air command, usually made up of several air divisions
air force definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The aviation branch of a country's armed forces, such as the U.S. Air Force.
- A unit of the U.S. Air Force larger than a division and smaller than a command.