- the glow remaining after a light has gone, as after sunset
- the pleasant feeling one has after an enjoyable experience
- The atmospheric glow that remains for a short time after sunset.
- The light emitted after removal of a source of energy, especially:a. The glow of an incandescent metal as it cools.b. The emission of light from a phosphor after removal of excitation.
- The comfortable feeling following a pleasant experience.
- A lingering impression of past glory or success.
From after- + glow