The definition in this entry is an example of something that was aforementioned.
When it modifies a noun phrase, it is generally preceded by the definite article the, and the combination functions as a determiner rather than a simple adjective. It can also occur before a cardinal as in the aforementioned two papers instead of the two aforementioned papers, though the latter is also acceptable.
From afore- + mentioned.
- From extra-large family staterooms and free children's clubs to toddler swimming pools and onboard nurseries, the aforementioned cruise lines have what it takes to keep you and your children walking on water during your high seas adventure.
- After playing the uncensored version of the aforementioned Mortal Kombat, male college students tested out as more violent and evidenced higher blood pressure when compared to similar students who played a censored Mortal Kombat.
- However, in reference to the aforementioned clip of Walters' interview with Dr. Sinclair, research indicates that in order to experience resveratrol's actual benefit, one would need to drink more than a glass of red wine a day.
- At the time of the public outcry, researchers from the aforementioned organizations reiterated that tofu consumption helps prevent colon, breast, and prostate cancer as well as atherosclerosis and post-menopausal hip fractures.
- The first season of Flavor of Love spawned one of reality TV's most memorable moments ever, when "Pumkin" spat in "New York's" face, and of course, one of reality TVs most memorable characters in the aforementioned New York.