the basic monetary unit of Afghanistan
Origin of afghaniPashto, literally , Afghan
Origin of afghaniPashto afghānī Afghani ; see Afghani .
Of or relating to Afghanistan; Afghan.
- A native or inhabitant of Afghanistan; an Afghan.
- A person of Afghani ancestry.
Origin of AfghaniPashto afghānī from afghān Afghan
- A citizen or native of Afghanistan. From an Afghan point of view this name is wrongly being used for Afghans. After the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan millions of Afghans took refuge in neighboring Pakistan and Iran. The Pakistanis and the international aid agencies coined this word to speak of Pakistanis versus the Afghans.
- (usually lowercase) A monetary currency used in Afghanistan, divided into 100 pul. See afghani.
- Of or relating to Afghanistan, its people, or its language.
afghani - Investment & Finance Definition
The currency unit of Afghanistan, comprised of 100 puls.