- former British colony & protectorate in SW Arabia, on the Gulf of Aden: now part of the Republic of Yemen
- seaport in this region: capital of the former People's Democratic Republic of Yemen
- gulf of the Arabian Sea, between the S coast of Arabia and Somalia in E Africa
adeno-: used before a vowel: adenitis
- A former British colony and protectorate of southern Arabia, part of South Yemen (now Yemen) since 1967.
- A city of southern Yemen on a peninsula projecting into the Gulf of Aden. One of the chief ports of southern Arabia since ancient times, it became a major trading and refueling station after the opening of the Suez Canal in 1869. Aden was the capital of South Yemen from 1967 until 1990.x
Variant of adeno-
- Seaport and largest city of Yemen.
Place name ultimately from Akkadian (“plain, lowland”).