- The definition of accrual is a way of showing income and expenses based on when the money is due/received, not when it is paid/given.
An example of accrual is when at year end a company reports the income actually in their account, not what is expected to be in their account when all monies are paid.
- Accrual is defined as the act of accumulating something, or a thing that gathers together.
- An example of accrual is the act of saving money.
- Ants gathering around a pile of sugar is an example of an accrual.
- the act or process of accruing
- the amount that accrues
- The act or process of accumulating; an increase.
- Something that accumulates or increases.