- something, esp. an electronic device, that zaps, specif. one that kills mosquitoes or bugs
- remote control (sense )
- A device that uses energy, especially electric current or radiation, for a specified purpose, especially a device that kills insects by means of an electric current flowing through a wire grid.
- A remote control for a television set.
- (colloquial) A remote control for a television.
- The news is starting on the other channel; hand me the zapper.
- A device that electrocutes ("zaps") with a high voltage, e.g. a bug zapper.
- (figuratively, by extension) Anything that exterminates.
zap + -er.