- a person who winds material or operates a winding machine in textile and other industries
- an apparatus for winding or on which winding is done
- a key, knob, etc. for winding a spring-operated mechanism
- any of the steps in a winding staircase
- One that winds, especially a textile worker or machine that winds cloth or materials.
- An object, such as a spool or barrel, around which material is wound.
- A device, such as a key, for winding up a spring-driven mechanism.
- One of the steps of a winding staircase.
nounUpper Southern US
- A surname.