- an official government report, orig. one bound in white paper
- any in-depth, authoritative report
white paperwhite paper
- A government report.
- An authoritative report on a major issue, as by a team of journalists.
(plural white papers)
- (management, marketing) A factual write-up of something, specifically devoid of the appearance of marketing.
- (UK, Ireland, European Union, politics) A parliamentary document announcing government policy.
- (European Union) A document published by the European Commission that contains proposals for European Union action in a specific area.
white paper - Computer Definition
A written report on a topic. There are countless white papers on technology subjects written by vendors, research firms and consultants, most of which are accessible via the Web. See inbound marketing.