- a graphic unit made up of three parts, as a trigraph
- a group of three solid or broken lines making up half of a hexagram in the I Ching
- A figure composed of three solid or interrupted parallel lines, especially as used in Chinese philosophy or divination according to the I Ching.
- See trigraph.
- In Chinese Taoism, a symbol composed of three marks each of two types (creating 8 possible symbols) which are used for philosophical discussion and divination (fortunetelling).
- A trigraph.
- (linguistics) a special case of the n-gram where n is 3, used in natural language processing for doing statistical analysis of texts
tri- +"Ž -gram; literally, three marks