Origin of triathlontri- + Classical Greek athlon: see athlete
The definition of a triathlon is a race where three different sporting events are done.
A race involving running, swimming and biking is an example of a triathlon.
An athletic contest in which participants compete without stopping in three successive events, usually long-distance swimming, bicycling, and running.
Origin of triathlontri- (dec)athlon
- The mandatory equipment needed to do a triathlon are goggles and a swim suit for the swim portion, a helmet, bike and running shoes for the bike and run portion.
- IronKids races also consist of the IronFlix, a mini children's film festival, triathlon clinics and an interactive expo.
- Triathlon is an individual sport which allows kids tests their abilities and celebrate personal achievement.
- IronKids is a new, youth triathlon series for kids ages 6 - 15 which consists of eight races across the U.S. Our mission is to inspire and motivate kids through the sport to live an active, positive and healthy lifestyle.
- There are more details about the IronKids National Triathlon Series, training, nutrition and more on the IronKids website.