- The definition of transracial is combining two or more races.
- An example of someone who is transracial is a woman whose mother is African and father is European.
- An example of a transracial is an event that is equally important to all races.
- The definition of transracial is an umbrella term describing when a person or an event crosses a racial boundary and takes on the characteristics of a different race or of multiple races.
An example of transracial is a man who has Asian, Caucasian, Hispanic and Black ethnicity and identifies as an Asian Black man.
Involving two or more races: a transracial adoption.
- Adoptive Parents-This forum typically allows parents to share adoption advice, tips, and stories on a variety of adoptions, including relative adoptions, Christian adoptions, and transracial adoptions.
- These adoptions may be through public and private agencies or be independent, but most transracial adoptions take place through the public child welfare system.
- This practice peaked in 1971, and one year later the National Association of Black Social Workers issued a statement opposing transracial adoption.
- The civil rights movement of the 1960s led to an increase in transracial adoptions involving black children and white parents.
- An estimated 15 percent of the 36,000 adoptions of foster children in 1998 were transracial or transcultural adoptions.