- The definition of toe-to-toe is being close.
An example of toe-to-toe is a race where the two leaders have equal chances to win the race.
- Toe-to-toe is defined as a fight where two people compete against each other.
An example of toe-to-toe is a play-off between two golfers for the championship.
in close and direct confrontation, competition, etc.: going toe-to-toe with one's critics, toe-to-toe combat
- To make it more fun, get the Woody car and let the two of them race toe-to-toe.
- The models housed within its pages are stunningly gorgeous with physiques that can go toe-to-toe with even the highest paid super models.
- Don’t be afraid to go toe-to-toe with Aries since he’ll find the fight intoxicating.
- Lots of stores offer options for discounts, and if you're willing to play a little hard-ball and go toe-to-toe with the store, you may even get yourself a better deal.
- Jonny approached her until he stood toe-to-toe with her, gaze taking in her body.