Tis is defined as a shortened version of saying it is.
An example of tis is the line in the song "Deck the Halls" about it being the season to be jolly.
Contraction of it is.
- Truth In Sentencing
ContractionSee also: tis
- I had a haughty spirit; I yield, I submit; 'tis my fate.
- Generous, we know, but tis the season and all that.
- Frank McCourt, author of Angela's Ashes, 'Tis, and Teacher Man, taught English literature at a high school in New York.
- 'Tis the season to be jolly, so why let something as joyful and intimate as a Christmas portrait ruin all the fun?
- If you find the drink tis too sweetfor your personal taste , cut back on the simple syrup.