- an additional game, period of play, question, etc. used to establish a winner from among those tied at the end of a contest
- Tennis any of several forms of play sometimes used to decide the winner of a set tied at a certain score
- An additional contest or period of play designed to establish a winner among tied contestants. Also called tiebreak .
- Something or someone that breaks a tie: His home run was the tiebreaker that won the game. My mother and I wanted to spend the weekend at the beach, and both of my brothers wanted to go on a hike, so we asked my father to be the tiebreaker.
- Something that is used to pick a winner from a tied situation.