Origin of tartarefrom steak tartare from French tartare, Tartar: hence, in Tartar style
The definition of tartare is a type of ground raw meat or fish with seasoning.
An example of tartare is raw beef with lots of spices.
that is ground up or diced, mixed with seasonings, and served raw: usually used postpositively: tuna tartare
- Chopped fine and served raw.
- steak tartare, salmon tartare
- Parker commented that the 1999 revealed "a mineral, soy, Asian plum sauce characteristic, along with notes of black raspberries, scorched earth, steak tartare, and assorted black fruits.
- At lunch, give the Tartare of Ahi Tuna a try, or perhaps a Dungeness Crab Salad.
- The menu includes a Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Tartare appetizer, a duck breast with Asian vegetables entrée, vegetarian selections, farm fresh side dishes and decadent desserts.
- Try the French cheeses, the soupe a l'oignon, and the steak tartare, and save room for the pot de crème au caramel or a chocolate tarte for dessert.
- The menu changes with the season, but almost always has a handful of staple dishes, like pan-roasted chicken, sweet corn risotto, salmon tartare and marinated grilled shrimp.