- to heat (a liquid) above its boiling point without vaporizing it
- to heat (steam not in contact with water) beyond its saturation point, so that a drop in temperature will not cause reconversion to water
transitive verbsu·per·heat·ed, su·per·heat·ing, su·per·heats
- To heat excessively; overheat.
- To heat (steam or other vapor not in contact with its own liquid) beyond its saturation point at a given pressure.
- To heat (a liquid) above its boiling point without causing vaporization.
- The amount by which a vapor is superheated.
- The heat imparted during the process of superheating.
(third-person singular simple present superheats, present participle superheating, simple past and past participle superheated)