- the delivery of a line or lines in a loud whisper by an actor on stage, to be regarded as unheard by the other characters
- any similar loud whisper meant to be overheard
stage whisperstage whisper
- The conventional whisper of an actor, intended to be heard by the audience but supposedly inaudible to others on stage.
- A whisper that can be or is intended to be overheard.
(plural stage whispers)
(third-person singular simple present stage whispers, present participle stage whispering, simple past and past participle stage whispered)
- Alternative spelling of stage-whisper.
(third-person singular simple present stage-whispers, present participle stage-whispering, simple past and past participle stage-whispered)
- (theater) To perform a stage whisper.