- speaking or spoken with a soft, low voice
- smooth; ingratiating; suave
The definition of soft spoken is someone who speaks quietly.
An example of soft spoken is someone who always speaks in a calm and even tone.
- Speaking with a soft or gentle voice: a soft-spoken instructor.
- Smooth; ingratiating: a soft-spoken attempt at bribery.
(comparative more softspoken, superlative most softspoken)
(comparative more soft-spoken, superlative most soft-spoken)
- having a pleasant, sweet, gentle, mild speaking manner
- He was soft-spoken and gentle.
- Whitney is a shy, soft-spoken southern girl from Rome, Georgia, who is living with her boyfriend Weston, her pregnant mother Michelle, her mother's boyfriend, and her grandmother in her grandmother's tiny house.
- He was the most soft-spoken of the group, and played a big role in incorporating rap and hip-hop into the Clash's sound.
- If you've never considered yourself to be simple and soft-spoken, then there are still options for you.
- Those who have waited on Depp say that he is soft-spoken and doesn't make demands of the staff.
- She was the opposite of Elise: delicate and sweet, quiet and soft-spoken.