- Basketball a dunk shot in which the ball is slammed through the basket
- Informal a certainty; sure thing
- Basketball A dramatic forceful dunk shot.
- Slang Something that is easy to accomplish or certain to occur: a case that the prosecutor saw as a .
verbslam-dunked, slam-dunk·ing, slam-dunks
- Basketball To shoot (the ball) in a slam dunk.
- To make a forceful dramatic move against (another): “They've stopped slam-dunking each other and begun designing strategies with the … aim of moving those on welfare into decent jobs” ( David L. Kirp )
- Alternative form of slam dunk.
(plural slam dunks)
- (basketball) An impressively forceful dunk.
- (colloquial, idiomatic) A task expected to present no difficulty.
- As long as you get the vice president's approval first, it'll be a slam dunk.
- (yachting) Tacking on top of the wind of the following yacht in close quarters
(third-person singular simple present slam dunks, present participle slam dunking, simple past and past participle slam dunked)
- To perform a slam dunk.