Adam proposed a simplistic solution to solve the company's problems but it failed to address important issues.
Simply saying "let's give food to all the hungry," is an example of a simplistic solution because solving world hungry isn't simply as easy as handing out food to everyone.
- Characterized by oversimplification, as in ignoring complexities or complications: simplistic solutions that would not solve the budget crisis.
- Usage Problem Simple.
Usage Note: The usual meaning of simplistic is “characterized by oversimplification.” It is occasionally used to mean “simple,” with no negative overtones, but this usage, as in The song is short and sweet, with admirably simplistic lyrics that carry such depth in so few words, was rejected by 84 percent of the Usage Panel in 2011.
(comparative more simplistic, superlative most simplistic)
- The premise was simple, and maybe even overly simplistic - a space vehicle carrying a family (the Robinsons) that were going to start a space colony 'in Alpha Centauri' was sabotaged by the stowaway Dr. Smith, and thrown off course.
- With an array of colors that blend easily, have a gorgeous shimmer and last for hours on end, these loose eye shadows are perfect for creating simplistic daytime looks or bold and dramatic eye looks for formal evening wear.
- The theories on why we dream range from concepts that dreams are the results of our subconscious thoughts to the more simplistic concepts that dreams are simply random "noise" in the brain's neurons.
- There are many masters and practitioners of classic and traditional forms of feng shui that are in disagreement with the simplistic approach to feng shui that is set forth by the Black Hat Sect.
- They replaced the complex stylings of the man I call… well, the Man, with the overly simplistic, hauntingly annoying jazz that you'd expect to find in the elevator of a cheap pornographic flick.