- a variety of North American red fox with black fur having individual hairs that are silvery white near the tips, often bred for its pelt
- the fur of this fox
silver foxsilver fox
- A red fox of the melanistic form, having black fur tipped with white.
- The fur of a silver fox, especially as an article of clothing.
- Informal An older man, usually one with gray or white hair, who is considered attractive.
(plural silver foxes)
- A red fox with pale yellow or (rarely) silver to black fur.
- A person with graying hair who has sex appeal.