- The common sand shark.
- A small California shark (Heptranchias maculatus).
- A Pacific Ocean shark (Hexanchus corinus).
- A ganoid fish of the sturgeon family (Scaphirhynchus platyrhynchus) of the Mississippi and Ohio rivers; the white sturgeon.
- A type of Native American canoe.
- A type of streamlined railway locomotive.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.