- of, having the nature of, or containing sediment
- formed by the deposit of sediment or by evaporation or precipitation, as certain rocks
An example of sedimentary rock layers near Kalbarri Western Australia.
Rock that is formed out of dregs of liquid left behind on the surface of land is an example ofsedimentary rock.
- Of, containing, resembling, or derived from sediment.
- Of or relating to rocks formed by the deposition of sediment.
From Latin sedere, to sit.
- The sedimentary deposits include slate, limestone and sandstone.
- The sedimentary rocks are affected by many dikes and sheets of igneous rock, some of the latter being extrusive and some intrusive.
- In a large part of this basin the covering of sedimentary deposits is comparatively thin.
- In sedimentary rocks it occurs as detrital material.
- The most widely spread of the sedimentary beds belong to the Miocene period.'