Adjoining is the village of Gilmerton (pop. 1482), which used to supply Edinburgh with yellow sand, when sanded floors were a feature in the humbler class of houses.
On the north-east coast many of the villages are tastefully kept, their whole area being clean swept, nicely sanded, and planted with ornamental shrubs, and have in their centre little square palaver places laid with flat stones, each with an erect stone pillar as a back-rest.
Newly sanded wood is shown on the left whilst the right hand side still has a weathered patina showing up black.
Tony sanded a flat on two opposing corners and fixed it between centers, he turned a spigot then mounted it onto a chuck.