- of, for, or relating to people of the same sex: same-sex schools
- of, for, or relating to homosexuals: same-sex marriage
- Involving or restricted to members of the same sex: same-sex schools.
- Of or involving gay men or lesbians: same-sex couples; same-sex marriage.
- The same gender to which one is referring, often when referring to oneself.
- Alternative spelling of same-sex.
- Families with members from a mixture of racial, cultural, and religious backgrounds, as well as families made up of same-sex couples who are raising children, may also benefit from family therapy.
- As the show continued into the next seasons the producers started branching out to Chicago, L.A., and other cities to find African-Americans, low-middle class couples, and even same-sex couples.
- The Defense of Marriage Act, signed by President Bill Clinton in 1996, prevents federal recognition of same-sex marriage and allows states to ignore same-sex licenses from outside their borders.
- Searching for same-sex partners on the popular Match.com is easy with drop-down search menus that let you enter your sex and that of your ideal match; it is the same basic format for all users.
- Kinsey (1894-1956) found that 2 percent of women and 10 percent of men were exclusively homosexual and that 37 percent of men reported having at least one same-sex experience after adolescence.