role-playing gamerole-playing game
- A game in which players assume the roles of characters and act out fantastical adventures, the outcomes of which are partially determined by chance, as by the roll of dice.
- A video or computer game similar to this, in which a player controls the actions of a single character while undertaking a quest in or otherwise exploring an elaborate virtual world.
(plural roleplaying games)
- (games) A type of game where one or more players assume the role of characters (usually one each), and interact with a fictional world either defined by themselves or through the mediation of a player known as the game master.
- (video games) A type of computer game where the player takes the role of a character or party, normally lacking tests of physical skill and including more story-telling and narrative aspects than traditional action games.
(plural role playing games)
- Alternative spelling of roleplaying game.