The definition of a psychiatrist is a medical doctor who examines and treats your mind and who diagnoses and treats mental problems and illnesses.
A doctor that a schizophrenic person goes to in order to undergo behavioral therapy and receive a prescription for anti-psychotic medications is an example of a psychiatrist.
A physician who specializes in psychiatry.
- Roxy moves on base with new husband Trevor and meets the wives of other officers and servicemen including Claudia Joy, Denise and Pamela as well as Roland, an army base psychiatrist and the husband of a deployed soldier.
- Self-mutilation is usually diagnosed by a psychiatrist or psychotherapist upon referral from a family member, physician, nurse, or social worker who has noticed scars, bruises, or other physical evidence of self-injury.
- Schools that accept at-risk children and adolescents require psychological and educational testing, as well as references or recommendations from a professional (usually a psychologist, psychiatrist, or therapist).
- According to psychiatrist Robert Reich, M.D., compulsive lying can be associated with diagnoses such as antisocial personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, and narcissistic personality disorder.
- The Bennetts started the practice that also includes psychiatrist Violet Turner (Amy Brenneman), pediatrician Cooper Freedman (Paul Adelstein), and alternative medicine specialist Pete Wilder (Tim Daly).