The definition of a perpetrator is a person who commits an illegal or bad act.
An example of a perpetrator is a person who robs a bank.
- The actual perpetrator of the deed, a soldier, was tried and executed, but he was apparently ignorant of the persons who procured his services.
- It was a moonless night and the perpetrator cut the power, pitching the farm house into total darkness.
- The perpetrator proved to be a thirteen year old girl, scarcely known to the victim, jealous of an older boy's changing affections.
- Louise sought retribution from the perpetrator after her sister was bullied.
- Martha was angry, certainly at the perpetrator but also at the Warwick police for not summarily arresting the man and rescuing the boy.