Origin of peevedpast participle of peeve
The woman was peeved at her friend because she ruined her favorite dress.
The definition of peeved is annoyed.
An example of peeved is when a woman is irritated with her friend because of something she said.
Informal irritated; annoyed
- Simple past tense and past participle of peeve.
- The girl was peeved when her girlfriend borrowed her purse and broke the strap.
- The man was peeved when his neighbor blocked off the street without permission.
- For example, if he does legitimately have a lot of business trips, he may be more than a little peeved if he learns you called all of his friends to confirm.
- The employee was peeved when his boss wouldn't let him leave work early.
- Fred O'Connor looked peeved that Dean delayed the interrogation by taking time to discuss biking.