- (economics) A financial policy by which capital projects are financed from current revenue in the operating budget rather than through borrowing.
- (UK) a payment method where credit is purchased in advance, used in small amounts and topped up when required. Used especially of mobile phones and transport ticketing.
- (UK) a mobile phone on such a tariff
pay-as-you-go - Investment & Finance Definition
- A budgeting technique that requires expenses to be paid for when they are incurred. It doesn’t allow for debt to be incurred. Typically state and local governments adopt this type of budgeting process.
- The federal income tax collection system, in which employees have taxes taken out of each paycheck and submitted to the federal government.