patent leatherpatent leather
leather with a hard, glossy, usually black finish: made by a process formerly patented
Black leather finished to a hard glossy surface and used especially for shoes and clothing accessories.
Origin of patent leatherSo called because it is made by a once-patented process
- Moc Croc Tripad: With a two-inch heel and patent-leather mock crocodile print, these SAS sandals are definitely for the woman who refuses to sacrifice fashion, even though she still requires comfort.
- RSVP Katrina: Available at 6pm.com and Zappos, this patent-leather peep toe heel is a medium turqoise shade that is pretty but not overpowering.
- We're talking leopard print, shiny patent-leather red, jewel-tones; anything and everything goes.
- Demonia sells boots ranging from patent-leather platforms to gothic black leather.
- Wear them with cork heels for daytime and find a patent-leather pair for night.