- so as to be particular; in detail
- especially; unusually; extraordinarily
Particularly is defined as something of a greater degree or greater detail than is common or expected.
An Olympic athlete who is unusually good at skiing is an example of a particularly good skier.
- To a great degree; especially: I particularly like the brown shoes.
- With particular reference or emphasis; individually or specifically: “Everyone has a moment in history which belongs particularly to him” ( John Knowles )
- With regard to particulars; in detail.
particular +"Ž -ly
- Nobody is particularly snooty in this world, right?
- They didn't have to be particularly long.
- He particularly reverenced the writer and the preacher.
- The silk fabrics of France hold the first place, particularly the more expensive kinds.
- I didn't particularly want to but I've always had a tendency to please.