The definition of one-dimensional is having only one main quality or concern, which can result in a shallow or superficial person or thing.
An example of one-dimensional is a woman who will only date wealthy men.
having a single dominant aspect, quality, concern, etc. and hence narrow, limited, superficial, etc.
- Having or existing in one dimension only.
- Lacking depth; superficial.
- Alternative form of one-dimensional.
- The 1970's Battlestar Galactica focused on a core group of characters and left the Cylons as rather one-dimensional villains with indecipherable motives beyond the extermination of the human race.
- Others blame the writing for the one-dimensional human crowd that contrasted wildly with the robots that practically stomped their heavy metal feet right out of the screen.
- There's not a lot to delve into here, it's a one-dimensional Cab that won't stand out in a crowd, but it can be appreciated for its price performance value ratio.
- Instead of the smooth, one-dimensional shapes of regular tattooing, moko yields deep grooves filled with dark hues.
- Tests may be too narrow or one-dimensional.