The definition of on-air is something that is broadcast over the radio or on TV.
A comment that a TV host makes on a live TV show is an example of an on-air comment.
Spoken, occurring, or used during broadcasting: an on-air gaffe; changed his on-air name.
- Broadcast (as opposed to recorded).
- Actually broadcasting on a radio or television station (as opposed to just recording for later transmission).
- He didn't realise he had made his remarks on-air.
Derived from early use of radio, literally sending the transmission on the air waves
- on the air
- PBS Kids uses its on-air time to help promote early education to children across the country.PBS Kids airs many different television programs which are all helping children to learn the basics of social skills.
- Some college radio stations train students to become professional on-air talent, while others are run purely for the enjoyment of students and the local community.
- Perhaps you heard about that famous on-air collapse, or maybe you have been a fan of hers since her days on The Donnie and Marie Show.
- Ryan's performance was so impressive that he was able to parlay that experience into a paying job as an on-air deejay.
- Some began to view Abdul's on-air behavior as erratic and rumors began to circulate about drug or alcohol abuse.