(countable and uncountable, plural nonlives)
- (biology, uncountable) All objects or substances except those considered alive.
- Life reproduces. Everything else is nonlife.
- (countable) A life so devoid of meaning or activity that it is barely worth living.
- Usually used in opposition to life; rarely otherwise.
- (insurance) Relating to types of insurance which are not life insurance
- The Dutch insurance industry has received a negative outlook from Moody's Investors Service Ltd. in London, reflecting in part concerns over unit-linked contracts and the absence of growth opportunities in the nonlife segment, according to a report released Thursday by the rating agency.