- prose writing that is not fiction
- a broad category of books, as in a library, encompassing such writing
Nonfiction is a story that is based on true events and information.
An autobiography about someone's life is an example of nonfiction.
- The category of literature, drama, film, or other creative work, including essays, expository prose, and documentaries, whose content is based on fact and is not imagined.
- a. Works in this category: I've read her novels but not her nonfiction.b. A work in this category: the nonfictions of V.S. Naipaul.
- non·fic′tion non·fic′tion·al
- It's a huge challenge to compile a definitive list of the best nonfiction children's books because of the variety of titles and genres available as well as the extremely diverse interests of kids around the world.
- Even if books are traditionally defined as novels, it can be just as beneficial to get a boy to pick up a graphic novel, comic book, or nonfiction fact book to raise his reading level and maybe even change his mind about books in general.
- Parents and kids don't always agree on what the best nonfiction children's books are, but despite differing points of view, it's clear that nonfiction has a lot to offer readers of any age.
- The book is a nonfiction account of military families' lives at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, while the series is a fictional account of military families' lives at Fort Marshall, South Carolina.
- Not all pop culture books are as expertly written as other nonfiction titles might be because they generally have rushed deadlines and cover time-sensitive topics, like pop stars and passing trends.