Naw is defined as no in southern slang.
An example of naw is what a southern farmer might say if you ask to pick his vegetables.
Dial., Slang no (in dial. or informal pronunciation): a negative reply
- (Scotland) Eye dialect spelling of no.
- Naw. But it don't matter.
- Naw, it was burned to a crisp by the time I uncovered it.
- Naw. I'm a short timer with mostly circulars on my desk.
- Naw. I just wanted to know how much I left on the table.
- Naw. He said Julie never talks about that old stuff and my guess is he doesn't want to open a can that might be messy.