The flag of NATO.
NATO is defined as an abbreviation for North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
An example of NATO is a group that protects the freedoms and security of the 28 countries that belong to it.
North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- Alternative spelling of NATO.
AbbreviationsSee also: nato
- (Internet) A former Internet top-level domain intended for the use of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization but then discarded in favour of .int.
- After a hiatus of fifty years, France had finally allowed the US to build a small, largely symbolic, NATO base.
- In 1999, Yugoslavian Serbs donned paper bullseye targets to protest a bombing by NATO.
- Many of his novels are considered techno-thrillers due to unique weaponry and special software programs and the threat of war by different factions like NATO and USSR.
- One particularly impressive study was conducted in Nato City, Japan using a robotic baby seal named Paro.
- If NATO didn't exist today, no one would propose creating it.