- the state or practice of having only one male sex partner over a period of time
- Bot. a monandrous condition
- The state or practice of having one husband at a time.
- Zoology A mating pattern in which a female mates with only one male in a single breeding season.
- Botany The condition of being monandrous.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.