A mismatched pair of socks.
- The definition of mismatch is something that was not correctly paired.
An example of a mismatch is two people on a date who do not get along.
- Mismatch is defined as for things that are similar to not be put together correctly.
An example of mismatch is to incorrectly sort two pairs of socks.
transitive verbmis·matched, mis·match·ing, mis·match·es
(third-person singular simple present mismatches, present participle mismatching, simple past and past participle mismatched)
- To match unsuitably; to fail to match
mis- + match (verb)
mis- + match (noun)
- As a result, the manufacturer has a mismatch of various ensemble pieces and can no longer supply complete ongoing ensembles.
- In the romance department, Virgo's libido is slightly less dynamic that that of Gemini, and this can lead to another mismatch of energies.