Methodically is defined as something done in a systematic and orderly manner.
If you perfectly line up all of the salt shakers on a table so that they are all in a straight line when you fill them, this is an example of a time when you methodically lay out the salt shakers.
- Megan picked up the candles and began methodically poking them in the cake.
- She methodically searched the text.
- He worked hard and methodically, often had several pieces of work in hand, and kept a daily record of the time which he devoted to each of them.
- He lowered the paper and methodically folded it.
- His gaze swept around the room methodically, coming to rest on her.