Origin of mesocephalicmeso- + cephalic
A man with a head width that measures 80% of its length is an example of a man's head that would be described as mesocephalic.
(comparative more mesocephalic, superlative most mesocephalic)
- A mesocephalic person.
From meso- +"Ž cephalic, hence literally roughly “medium-headed".
mesocephalic - Medical Definition
- mes′o·ceph′a·ly (-ə-sĕf′ə-lē)
- In the aeneolithic necropolis of Anghelu Ruju, near Alghero, of 63 skulls, 53 belong to the" Mediterranean " dolico-mesocephalic type and i o to a Eurasian brachycephalic type of Asiatic origin, which has been found in prehistoric tombs of other parts of Europe.
- 22, North American sub-race; tall, mesocephalic. 23, Central American race; short, brachycephalic. 24, Patagonian race; tall, brachycephalic. 25, Eskimo race; short, dolichocephalic.
- Measurements of their skulls show them mesocephalic (index about 78), or intermediate between the dolichocephalic and brachycephalic types of mankind.
- The mesocephalic appears to be the preponderant form of skull; though this is unusual among Melanesian races.